It’s that time of year again! Caring Cowl season has arrived! If you follow my blog, you probably recall seeing Caring Cowls around these parts before (here and here), and know my obsession with these cozy products. Not only does one of my best friends make them (Hey, Sarah!), but she also donates all of the proceeds (minus material costs) to charity. Currently, Caring Cowls is funding for Action Against Hunger, but last year, $300 was donated to both the American Red Cross and the American Cancer Society.
Since last year, Sarah has introduced a few new designs for Caring Cowls, which I am excited to share with you on the blog! Now, she not only carries her standard single wrap cowl that I have blogged about before, but a double wrap cowl and now, one of my new favorites, the chunky crocheted cowl.
Guys, there is nothing quite like this cowl. Since I received it, I have worn it at least 2 times a week. This chunky cowl is cozy goodness that you better believe will be wrapped on my neck all fall and winter long. I already ordered a new one (dark grey), and plan on ordering a least two more in the next month or so. Yeah, I’m obsessed, but at least it’s an obsession I can feel good about! Stay tuned for more exciting Caring Cowl news this week:)
I LOVE GroopDealz. I’ve purchased a few things from their website and have shared them on the blog, and I find myself checking their deals daily. I love that they offer on trend pieces for completely affordable prices, once again showing you that fashion IS attainable at all price points. Check out some of my favorite GroopDealz this Sunday.
1. GroopDealz Studded Wing Blouse: I love the color and LOVE the studded button detailing. How perfect would this top be with a leopard print scarf or leopard heels (see item 2).
2. Ankle Strap Heels: These come in nude and black, but it is the leopard I am drooling over. On trend for this fall, these heels strongly resemble pricey versions from designer’s but at $23.99 these are a steal. Get the quick! They are selling out fast!
3. Nicole Stretch Bracelet: I love this chunky bracelet! It comes in silver and gold, and I think it would be the perfect addition to any outfit.
4. Autumn Midi Pencil Skirt: I’ve been looking for a midi pencil skirt that I can wear to school and I think this just might be the one! I love the autumn orange, that is perfect for fall. Oh, and how cute would this be with the leopard heels….?
2. Freaks & Geeks – My boyfriend and I decided to watch this on Netflix and LOVED it. We finished the whole season in about 2 weeks. One of the best tv series I have seen with quite a few well known big names of today (Jason Segel, James Franco). It portrayed high school in such a realistic way, and had us laughing out loud throughout each episode. I definitely recommend it, but beware, there are only 18 episodes (it was cancelled before the first season was even over), and you will be sad when it’s over!
I have been such a bad blogger lately! I’ve said it before, but life is pretty hectic and I feel like I am living the same day over and over again.
5:30 am: Wake-up, lay in bed for 15 minutes, then get up and shower by 5:45. Ready and out the door by 7:05 and to school by 7:18 am-ish.
7:50 am: School starts. Spend the day teaching lessons to a group of wonderful, curious, mischievous 4th graders. I have quickly come to realize that there are not enough hours in the day to often get in all that needs to be taught, and the day flies by.
2:20 pm: Schools out. Send the kiddos on their way and plan and get things ready for the next day. I stay at school as late as 5, unless I have to be at my other job at 5. If that is the case, I head home about 3:30ish, SIT and eat a quick snack, finish any school work, and then head to work by 4:45. I work from 5-9:45pm, and then head home and eat a quick dinner.
10:00pm: In bed. Read for 2.5 minutes before my eyes become too heavy to even keep open. Sleep and repeat.
The one thing that I look forward to every single day, is reading my favorite blogs. Although I have sucked at commenting lately, the one thing that keeps me sane is keeping up to date with all of you guys! Thanks to those of you who continue to visit my blog and leave me sweet, sweet comments. They always make my day:)
When Naturalizer contacted me and asked me to style a pair of their famous Jersey boots, I was ecstatic! I have owned Naturalizer shoes before, and love that they are known for comfort and style, because really, who says to be stylish you can’t be comfortable?!
I LIVE in boots, from September to March. Although I am a summer girl through and through, I love that fall and winter allows me to indulge in wearing boots every single day if I please. Boots look cute with anything and everything, and they keep my ankles warm. Bonus! Every year, I purchase a pair of brown boots that I wear to death. This year, I began my quest looking for something extremely comfortable, that could get me through a 7:20 am to 9:45 pm day, of working both jobs and spending roughly 13 hours on my feet.
My Naturalizer Jersey boots, quickly passed the test when I wore them 2 days in a row of working both jobs. I loved that when I got home, my feet weren’t ridiculously sore and the next day, I wasn’t hobbling around from been-on-my-feet-too-long-in-uncomfortable-shoe syndrome. Oh, and bonus? They look SO cute and chic with just about anything in my closet. I can’t tell you how many compliments I have received or how luxe they look in person.
Since fall is all about layers, this is one of my favorite ways that I have worn them: holey skinnies, loose grey top, green utility vest and a oversized scarf. Let’s be honest though….it’s really all about the boots🙂
I am SO thrilled to be featured in Naturalizer’s ‘Style at Any Age’ Blogger Challenge! Vote for the the style you like best, and be entered for a chance to win a pair of Naturalizer shoes of your own:) Voting ends October 30th!
I am slowly but surely adding more pieces to my online shop, Shop Twenties Girl Style. Check out what else is for sale HERE or email me with any questions at email@example.com! Stay tuned for more Shop My Closet posts!
****All pieces for sale are in great condition (never worn or worn a handful of times) and come from a clean, smoke free environment:)