Date nights have been looking a little different lately. I look forward to the day we can enjoy dinner out and a movie at the theater, but have been enjoying getting creative at home. Today I am sharing a few of my favorite at home date ideas along with some cute spring fashion picks from Walmart, because it’s a date night at home, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t look cute!
My husband and I have been spending A LOT of time together. We are both now working from home and have separate work spaces. We see each other all day, but that doesn’t necessarily mean we are spending quality time together. Our schedules are now packed with virtual meetings and long to do lists, meaning we don’t always eat lunch at the say time or even “get off work” simultaneously.
It’s been really important for us to maintain our weekly date nights. We make sure to be intentional about carving out time weekly to put down our phones, stop talking about work and enjoy date night. We’ve found ways to get creative during the stay at home order and I’m sharing my 5 favorite at home date nights below!
- Go on a walk – these have been one of our nightly rituals. It’s a great way to get out of the house for a bit and connect if you’ve been working from home in separate areas of the house all day!
- Make dinner together – find a recipe you’ve both wanted to make and get cookin! Bonus points if you make it a 3 course meal AND dress up!
- Game night – pull out one of your favorite games and play a round, or get competitive with a multi-game marathon. We’ve enjoyed playing Uno and Mario Cart!
- Go on a car picnic – pack a picnic lunch or dinner and go for a drive. Find somewhere to park and eat out of the back of your trunk. You can even invite another couple and practice social distancing by parking across from one another!
- Go on a drive and grab some takeout – take the scenic route to your favorite restaurant. Bring home your take out and enjoy outside or by candlelight!
This week, we went on a drive and grabbed takeout. It was wonderful to get out for a bit, even if it was just for a car ride! After living in loungewear, I decided to dress up a bit. I opted for something cute, but comfy, which has been my MO lately!
Earlier this month, I ordered some of the cutest new spring items from Walmart! From season to season, Walmart has been one of the first places I look for freshening up my wardrobe! They carry everything from staples to on trend pieces with prices that don’t break the bank! I love that I can score budget friendly options without sacrificing style! I found tons of great pieces that I can wear around the house and out and about later this season!
This slip dress has been one of my favorites and is perfect for at home date night! Comfy and flattering, I love that it feels like I’m wearing pjs, but doesn’t look it! I threw a denim jacket over the top for our car ride and to layer up a bit as we enjoyed our takeout outside. These sandals have been my favorite since last year and I was so excited to see they were restocked! I ended up ordering them in 2 more colors because of how much I wore these last year. They are comfortable and a great neutral sandal that goes with everything! Lately they have been my favorites for running to the mailbox, but last year I wore them EVERYWHERE, from vacation to the classroom!
Check out some of my spring style picks from Walmart below. I found some great options for your at home date night! Have you had your own at home date? I would love to hear!
Shop the Post
A big thanks to Walmart for sponsoring this post! As always, all selections and opinions are my own.