Happy Tuesday! I can’t believe it’s already mid-July! Summer is flying by and fall will be here before we know it! I’ve spent a lot of time at the lake, soaking up all the summer rays I can. I definitely live my best life in the summertime!
One of my favorite sale purchases thus far has to be this little shift dress. I got it late Friday and even though I was already dressed for date night, I had to change JUST so I could wear this sweet little number. At under $35 this is a versatile piece to have in your wardrobe as it will transition perfectly into the colder months. I can definitely see this being one of my go to work dresses because it is so easy to layer! I wore it for date night with a denim jacket tied around my waist and my new favorite platform sandals (not part of the sale, but reasonably priced and super comfortable!). I love that it can be dressed up or down, and would pair it with these open toe mules and maybe a leather jacket for a night out! This dress is also PERFECT for the classroom! Just layer it up with a cardi and booties (as pictured below – all items from Nsale!), and in the winter, I could easily see myself pairing this with leggings and riding boots!
I asked and you answered…the thing most of you are looking for during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is DENIM! I always stock up on fresh denim for the fall during the NSALE as I find the best deals on new styles. Below I am rounding up some of my favorite denim picks from the sale, including sizing info! I have ordered a few more pairs and hope to edit this post to include them so you can consider this your one stop shop denim guide while shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!
FYI: For sizing reference, I am 5’3 and usually wear a 25.
I bought my first pair of AG jeans last year during the anniversary sale. AG jeans are pretty pricey, so getting them on sale is a bonus! At first I was hesitant to splurge on denim, but after reading plenty of rave reviews I took the plunge and am SO happy I did. Obviously happy enough to be buying my second (and third…I ordered this distressed pair to test out but haven’t received them yet!) pair this year.
SIZE: These run pretty true to size. I ordered a 25, but think I could have almost sized down into a 24. My other AG jeans are 25 and fit perfectly, but I found these to be just a tad big in the top. If you are on the fence about sizing, I would size down!
PROS: AG jeans are notoriously comfortable and high quality. They don’t bag out in the knees or stretch out after a few wears. I love the darker wash and think if denim is allowed in your work place, these are the jeans for the job! Teacher friends, these are my top pick for the classroom. I know they are on the pricier side, but I wore my other AG’s ALL of the time last year. These are flexible (for all those times you spend kneeling at a desk or sitting down on the floor) and super comfortable!
CONS: I found these to be just a little loose in the ankles. I think it’s due to my height (5’3). I prefer rolling the hems of my denim anyways, so don’t think this will be a problem, but definitely something to consider! The price tag is a bit hefty, but worth it IF you are comfortable splurging.
Looking for the best bang for your buck during the sale? This pair of denim is a winner! On sale for just $39, this is the perfect pair of non-distressed jeans to add to your wardrobe! Not willing to fork out the cash for the AG’s above? These are a great, budget friendly option!
SIZE: These fit true to size! I’m wearing a 25.
PROS: A super skinny, high waisted fit is always flattering! I love the way these fit and I love where they hit me on the ankle. The slim fit of the leg is perfect for wearing with boots in the fall and winter. You also can’t beat that under $40 price tag!
CONS: As mentioned above, I am only 5’3 and these hit me at the perfect spot. If you are taller, these may be too short for you. I also find that because of the price, the denim doesn’t feel of the highest quality. But again, for under $40, they feel like a steal to me!!
BLANKNYC has been one of my favorite denim brands for a few years and one I always look for first when shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! I’ve always had great luck with BLANKNYC and was happy to snag these when the sale started. I also have my eye on these and am impatiently waiting for a re-stock!
SIZE: These fit true to size! I’m wearing a size 25.
PROS: These have just the right amount of stretch making them SUPER comfortable. They do not stretch out after wearing, which is often typical of denim with this much stretch. I love the raw hem and the wash and the high waist. These are so comfortable! I know they will be a go to for me for the classroom!
CONS: This is small, but I’m not crazy about the “whiskers” at the top near the pockets. I don’t think it’s as noticeable in person as it is in the pictures and is not a deal breaker for me!
I LOVE this denim! From the distressing to the high-waist, skinny fit, these might be my favorite denim purchase from the sale, plus they are budget friendly at only $45!
SIZE: These fit true to size! I’m wearing a size 25.
PROS: This pair has just the right amount of distressing
CONS: As with the other under $50 pair above, these don’t feel as high-quality as the other denim I purchased. I also put my feet through the distressing on the hem every – single – time I put them on and am worried about ripping through it. I will learn to be more mindful…these are staying in my closet!
Hands down one of my FAVORITE pairs of denim ever. I own these in a few different washes (light wash, white, olive and black) and was so excited to see new washes as part of the sale. I am keeping my eyes peeled for a restock of this wash because I feel like I definitely need to add it to my wardrobe! This denim is so good, especially at this price!
SIZE: These run small!! I sized up to a 26.
PROS: I find the fit of these so flattering! I love how high-waisted they are and that they hit me at the perfect place on my ankle. They look good with just about anything and I love that I can wear crop tops with them without it showing too much midriff because of how high-waisted these are!
CONS: These run small and even in a size up they are still tight and difficult to get on (and off). If you are taller, these may have a cropped fit on you!
I’m sure by now you have heard PLENTY about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! You know what it is and my favorite picks, but after yesterday’s kickoff, it’s obvious what everybody is loving! These top selling items will be the ones to go first, and it’s no wonder…fall staples on sale?! Yes please! You might notice that a few of these were on my first look picks yesterday! Below the top selling items, I am rounding up my favorites from each category of the sale (more to come throughout the day)! Just click the product photo to shop!
PS Make sure to make it all the way through this post for an AMAZING giveaway!!
TOP SELLING ITEMS
Barefoot Dreams Circle Cardigan ( NOW: $77 // AFTER SALE: $116): I have yet to get my hands on a Barefoot Dreams cardi, but am happy to say it was the first thing I ordered this year! This always sells out within the first few days of the sale and is highly rated. I can’t wait to get my hands on mine!!
2. Tory Burch Tote (NOW: $323 // AFTER SALE: $498 ): Now is the best time to get hot ticket items, like Tory Burch, at a discounted price. Tory Burch bags are classic and high quality. I am loving the size of this one and that it can be worn as a crossbody. It comes in 3 colors, but I love the cognac for fall (and year round, if I’m being honest!).
3. BP Scoop Neck Tee (NOW: $19 // AFTER SALE: $29 ) & 4. Raw Edge V Neck Tee (NOW: $12 // AFTER SALE: $17): I’m putting these together because they are closet staples and a total steal! I stocked up on a few colors in both styles. I actually already have a few of the short sleeve tee’s and they are my FAVORITE! I highly recommend snagging a few of these before they sell out (because they will!). They are perfect to wear now and layer up when it gets colder!
5. Adidas Sneakers (NOW: $68 // AFTER SALE: $90 ): It’s rare to find great sneakers under $100 and these are under $70!! They come in two colors and are sure to sell fast! Wear them to the gym or while running errands. I ordered a pair!!
6. AG Denim (NOW: $150// AFTER SALE: $225): Last year I splurged on the AG jeans during the sale and am so happy I did! One of my favorite pairs of denim, these are super comfortable, flattering and easy to move in. Teacher friends, if you are looking for denim for the classroom, these are definitely worth the splurge!
7. Tory Burch Sandals (NOW: $150 // AFTER SALE: $228): This is not a fall find, but something you can wear now! I own two pairs of Tory Burch sandals and love how comfortable they are! I love the buckle design on this pair. They come in 3 colors and I currently have the white in my cart!
8. Caslon Asymmetrical Jacket (NOW: $53 // AFTER SALE: $79 ): This jacket is perfect for fall. I debated on getting this in green but before I could pull the trigger it sold out in my size and I am so bummed! I will definitely be checking for restocks on this one, but might snag it in another color! This would be so cute with tee and leggings or denim. I also think this would become one of my teacher wardrobe staples…okay, I think I definitely need this one!
9. Sam Edelman Caprice Boots (NOW: $150 // AFTER SALE: $225 ):These boots are gorgeous and at the top of my wish list. They have the perfect stacked heel and I love all of the color options! I have a similar pair of boots that I wore all last fall and winter. They are perfect to take from work to the weekend!
10. BP Curve Hem Cardigan (NOW: $32 // AFTER SALE: $49): The top selling item from last year is back and better than ever with an updated look! This sweater is a STEAL at just $32! I bought it in 2 colors last year and wore it repeatedly, so of course I snatched it up in a few more colors this year! This sweater is the perfect length for layering and one of my favorite pieces for work in the fall and winter! This will sell out before the end of the weekend, so snag one, or maybe two, while you still can!
SHOP TOP SELLING ITEMS //
SHOP BOOTS //
SHOP SHOES //
SHOP SNEAKERS //
SHOP SWEATERS //
SHOP CARDIGANS //
SHOP TOPS //
SHOP DENIM //
SHOP COLORED DENIM & PANTS //
SHOP DRESSES //
SHOP JUMPSUITS & ROMPERS //
SHOP COATS & JACKETS //
SHOP SLEEP & LOUNGE //
SHOP BEAUTY //
SHOP HOME //
Just in time for this Summer’s Nordstrom Anniversary Sale,
I’ve teamed up with a group of bloggers to give you a chance to win a $600 Nordstrom Gift Card!
To enter:complete the steps in the rafflecopter below.
The more steps you complete, the more entries you receive, and the better your chance at winning!
This giveaway runs until end-of-day 7/20 at 12AM EST.
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck! *this giveaway is in no way sponsored by Nordstrom.
IT’S HERE! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale early access has begun! Starting today, cardholders get early access to the sale of the year…NEW fall arrivals at discounted prices! The sale opens to the public on July 20th, but if you want the hot ticket items (think NEW Tory Burch riding boots, Rebecca Minkoff bags, AG Denim ON SALE), it’s important to take advantage early!! Check out some of my tips for navigating the sale and scoring big!
TIPS FOR SHOPPING THE SALE
1.SHOP, SHOP, SHOP – This is a huge one and something I always do every year! Hot selling items will go fast (Nordstrom anticipates some being gone within 24 hours!). Order early, try on in the comfort of your own home and keep what you can’t live without. Remember, Nordstrom has free shipping and returns! Because I live almost 3 hours from the nearest Nordstrom, I find that this works best for me! I already placed an order (and will probably place a few more before the end of the sale, if I’m being honest), and plan on trying everything at home to determine what works for me. I even snagged a few items that I was on the fence about because I can’t tell you HOW MANY TIMES I have debated a purchase only for me to decide I did want it just as it sold out! Find out sale details an how to become a cardholder HERE so you can get access to all the goodies before they sell out!
2. MAKE A LIST (and check it twice!) – While I firmly believe in buying more and returning what you can live without during the sale, I also think it’s important to not go overboard! I mean do you really need the North Face down parka coat if you live somewhere that rarely gets below 50 degrees? Just because it’s a great deal doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a must buy! I’ve too often been tempted to purchase items I really don’t need, so now I always go in with a shopping list! Write down the items you are looking for and keep your eyes peeled for good deals in those categories!
3. GET FAMILIAR WITH WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE – Spend some time looking over your wardrobe before you shop. Not only does this ensure you don’t walk away with items you already have, but it also helps you find pieces to incorporate into your closet! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve eyed something only to realize I have an almost identical version at home! I have also used this trick to find pieces to style with items already in my closet. One of my favorite things to do is look for fall accessories that I can pair with some of my easy summer dresses. It’s so easy to turn a summer tee dress into a fall appropriate look by pairing it with a cardi, scarf and some boots!
Below I an rounding up some of my favorite picks throughout the day! I will do more detailed posts throughout the sale, including a review of my purchases. Because I don’t live near a Nordstrom, I expect my online order to come in a few days and can’t wait to start sharing what I got with you! To shop the below picks, just click any picture to head to the product page! I will be updating this post throughout the day as I continue to shop the sale, so make sure to check back!